"A UNIQUE QUALITY RESALE EXPERIENCE"
DID YOU KNOW: History of the American Cancer Society: (cont'd) The American Society for the Control of Cancer (ASCC) was founded on May 23, 1913. In 1936, Marjorie Illig, an ASCC field representative, suggested the creation of a network consisting of new volunteers for the purpose of waging "war on cancer." From 1935 to 1938 the number of people involved in cancer control in the US grew from 15,000 to 150,000. According to Working to Give, The Women's Field Army, a group of volunteers working for ASCC was primarily responsible for this increase. (cont'd)
Happenings through October 14 at the West Seattle Discovery Shop.
· Green tags are currently 75% off . On Thursday September 27 these tags are priced even lower.
· Tuesday September 25 come in for the Full Moon Special of 40% off any one item of your choice.
· Monday October 1 blue tags become 50% off.
· EVERY TUESDAY IN OCTOBER we will be honoring Breast Cancer Awareness month with 40% off all pink clothing.
· Yes, we are open Monday October 8, Columbus Day. Come in and pick a flag for an undisclosed percentage off one item of your choice.
· Check for a Manager's Special on the white board behind the counter. You never know what or when something will show up.
· Halloween and Fall decorations are now out. Many unique items to spruce up your décor.
Weekly Specials - Save on regular priced items when you fit one of the categories below:
· Monday - Active Military and Veterans receive 20% off. ID required.
· Tuesday - Seniors age 55+ receive 20% off.
· Saturday - 20% off for HS students with school ID.
· Sunday - 40% off all men's wear.
· On your actual birthday receive 20% off.
Follow us to Facebook by using the link on the right side of this page, or go to www.AmericanCancerSociety/West Seattle.org. We'd love to have you share an experience you've had in our "unique quality resale shop."
"A World With Less Cancer is a World With More Birthdays"