|One of our many wonderful volunteers|
"A Unique Quality Resale Experience"
DID YOU KNOW: Death rates from cancer have dropped 25% over the past two decades, according to the American Cancer Society. And across the country and around the world, researchers are studying new ways to prevent, detect, diagnose and treat the disease. "We already cure a lot of cancers," said Daniel F. Hayes, MD, president of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. "There is so much more hope than there used to be."
Happenings through July 9 at the West Seattle Discovery Shop:
- Pink tags are currently 75% off and even lower beginning Tuesday June 27 through the end of the month.
- Help us celebrate the 4th of July. Come in Monday July 3 and pick a flag showing a special discount on one item of your choice.
THE DISCOVERY SHOP IS CLOSED TUESDAY JULY 4TH
- From Wednesday July 5 through Saturday July 8 any one item of your choice will be 40% off.
- The Full Moon Special occurs Sunday July 9. Any one item of your choice - 40% off.
- Don't forget to check the candy-filled teacups. Sweets and tea - what a treat.
- Blue tags are 50% off beginning Saturday July 1.
- Watch the board behind the counter for "Manager's Specials".
ü Monday - Active Military and Veterans receive 20% off. ID required.
ü Tuesday - Seniors age 55+ receive 20% off.
ü Saturday - 20% off for HS students with school ID.
ü Sunday - 40% off all men's wear.
ü On your actual birthday receive 20% off.
Heads up: Watch for the Summer Fest happening at the West Seattle Alaska Junction July 14-16. The popular plant sale is back, as well as 50% off everything in the Shop. Come early - the customers love this event and line up at the door early. More about this next time!
Follow us to Facebook by using the link on the right side of this page, or go to www.AmericanCancerSociety/West Seattle.org. We'd love to have you share an experience you've had in our "unique quality resale shop."
July is Sarcoma/Bone Cancer (ribbon color yellow) and Bladder Cancer (ribbon color marigold/blue/purple) Awareness Month.
Spring into action: DONATE, SHOP, VOLUNTEER
"A World With Less Cancer is a World With More Birthdays"
|Colorful Mask/Wall Hanging|
|Great for a summer outing|